20 Reasons to Visit Walt Disney World in 2020!
Walt Disney World is bringing new new attractions, experiences and places to eat in 2020, making it a thrilling year for guests to visit Walt Disney World, The Most Magical Place on Earth.
Here are the 20 reasons why 2020 should be the year for your visit!
1. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Disney's Hollywood Studios is the place to visit for everything Star Wars! From the newly opened Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance to the new destination that was just added into Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is overflowing with offerings for Star Wars fans of all ages.
2. Disney After Hours Events at Magic Kingdom Park & Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Disney After Hours events allow you to explore a theme park at night with little to no wait for many of your favorite attractions and character greetings. Even select snacks are included in the price of admission.
3. Epcot’s New Films – Epcot is going through a major transformation within the next two years and it starts with new films that will debut on Jan. 17. “Awesome Planet” in The Land pavilion will focus on the Earth’s beauty and diversity in a 10-minute film featuring imagery, in-theater effects and an original musical score from Academy Award-winning® composer Steven Price. “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” in the Canada pavilion is an update to the previous “O Canada!” film and includes new scenes, a new musical score by Canadian composer Andrew Lockington and new narration by award-winning actors Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy. The “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” in the France pavilion, directed and produced by Don Hahn, producer of the animated and live-action “Beauty and the Beast” films, will invite guests to participate. It also features narration from Angela Lansbury, Mrs. Potts in the original film. The new sing-along will run in rotation with “Impressions de France,” which will receive an upgrade to 4K projection as well.
4. The Epcot International Festival of the Arts – The Epcot International Festival of the Arts returns to Epcot Jan. 17-Feb. 24. and you can explore galleries, watch live art demonstrations, purchase artwork and get it signed by the artist. If you like the theater you can also watch a live performance in the festival’s Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
5. Disney Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park – Disney Villains After Hours was such a hit at Magic Kingdom that this year it is coming back with more nights and more wicked fun! Disney Villains After Hours returns to the Magic Kingdom Park on 24 select nights starting Feb. 7.
6. The New Regal Eagle Smokehouse at Epcot – One of the first restaurants scheduled to open in 2020 is Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue. The new fast-casual barbecue experience at The American Adventure will offer delectable plates of Texas beef brisket sandwiches, Kansas City smoked chicken, Memphis dry-rub pork ribs, North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt, power green salads and more.
7. Space 220 for ‘Out of this World’ Cuisine – Set to open this winter, Space 220 restaurant will offer a new one-of-a-kind dining experience where you will enjoy your meal while taking in views of space. You’ll also board a special elevator for a journey 220 miles above Earth to a space station where your meal will take place.
8. Ample Hills Creamery Sweet Treats Comes to Disney Springs – You love the flavors like Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Peppermint Pattie and Nonna D’s Oatmeal Lace at Ample Hills Creamery at the Boardwalk Resort and now a new shop opens this winter at Disney Springs!
9. City Works Eatery & Pour House at Disney Springs – The highly-anticipated City Works Eatery & Pour House is set to open on the West Side of Disney Springs this winter. The restaurant and bar will offer more than 80 beers on tap, and will feature an array of high-def TVs including a 165-inch screen. You know where to find me on football Sunday!
10. The Beautiful Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – Spring officially arrives when the popular Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival arrives. This year’s event, which runs March 4-June 1, will feature delicious bites at outdoor kitchens, amazing Disney-themed topiaries and the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
11. Sweet Treats at La Creperie de Paris in Epcot – La Crêperie de Paris, offering both table- and quick-service options, opens this summer.
12. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Welcomes Fall – This year will be the 25th anniversary of this fan-favorite festival. The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is a celebration of global cuisine, music from the last three decades and more!
13. Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Roundup Rodeo BBQ, a new table-service location, is coming to Toy Story Land in 2020. This restaurant will immerse you in the western atmosphere of Woody’s Roundup providing a fun, family-friendly dining experience.
14. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park Milestones – It’s the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and the 25th anniversary of the Disney Conservation Fund.
15. Return of Halloween and Holiday Events – Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties are some of our favorite events at Walt Disney World Resort. This year they will return to Magic Kingdom Park and we can't wait to go!
Okay enough with the food (although a major part of any Disney vacation) and events, let's get to the new attractions...
16. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, opens soon on March 4 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and we can't wait! This will be the first Disney ride-through attraction featuring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, where you will actually travel through a Mickey cartoon where anything can happen!
17. Step Into the Mickey Shorts Theater – A new Mickey Mouse-inspired theater will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in March. You can stop in to watch an original cartoon short and enjoy special photo opportunities.
18. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at Epcot – Set to open in Summer 2020 in the France Pavilion at Epcot, the Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction will shrink you to Remy’s size to reach safety as you are being chased across a kitchen with the sights, sounds and smells of Gusteau’s legendary Parisian restaurant.
19. ‘Harmonious’ Debuts at Epcot – Following the limited-time run of “Epcot Forever,” the new “HarmonioUS” will debut in 2020 as the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park. The spectacular will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people across the world. The music will feature familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe.
“HarmonioUS” will feature grandiose floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more.
20. The New Cirque du Soleil Show ‘Drawn to Life’– Get ready to journey into a world where an animator’s desk becomes the stage and drawings come alive at the new Cirque du Soleil Show, 'Drawn to Life.'' Tickets are already on sale!
Will you be vacationing to Walt Disney World in 2020?
News & Media Source: Disney Parks Blog