19 Must Do Experiences in 2019 at Walt Disney World
Updated: May 12, 2019
Happy New Year! 2019 is going to be a year to remember at Walt Disney World!
Here are 19 reasons to be excited for a trip to Walt Disney World Resort in 2019:
1. Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration – Starting Jan. 18, Magic Kingdom Park is honoring the two originals, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, with new entertainment, merchandise and specialty food and beverages. The new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” will go up Main Street, U.S.A. several times a day, while you can meet Mickey and Minnie together in their new birthday outfits in Town Square Theater.
2. Celebrate the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios – On May 1, Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The park is honoring this achievement all year with a new 30th anniversary logo and new merchandise.
3. IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth's Final Run – After almost 20 years of entertaining Epcot guests through music, fireworks, fire torches and much more, this nighttime spectacular will be ending in the second half of this year.
4. Jaleo Comes to Disney Springs – Chef José Andrés will bring the spirit and flavors of Spain to Disney Springs with his new Jaleo restaurant, opening soon.
5. Party with Pixar Pals at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Starting Jan. 18, celebrate the park’s 30th anniversary with The Incredibles, will host a party that will be held in honor of Mr. & Mrs. Incredible and Frozone. You will even have a chance to meet Edna Mode, the great super suit designer. She will set up a special location on Pixar Place showcasing some of her best creations, make sure you don't wear your cape! You can also look for clues to find the youngest Incredible, the mischievous and multi-powered Jack-Jack.
6. Disney on Broadway Concert Series Expands During Epcot International Festival of the Arts – This celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts returns Jan. 18-Feb. 25. This year, the Disney on Broadway Concert Series will expand to seven days a week.
7. “The Lion King” Roars Again at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 2019 marks the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney Pictures’ animated classic “The Lion King.” To mark this occasion, starting Jan. 18 Rafiki and Timon will lead you in dances and games during the “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” on Discovery Island.
8. Take in the Topiaries During Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival –Welcome spring’s arrival with this popular festival, which returns March 6-June 3. This year’s event will feature delectable bites at outdoor kitchens, as well as dozens of world-renowned, Disney-themed topiaries.
9. Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy Speeds into Disney’s Hollywood Studios –When this new show experience opens this spring, you’ll come face to face with racing legend Lightning McQueen, who will teach you about racing from his years of experience on the track.
10. H2O Glow Nights Return to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park These evening beach parties happen Thursdays and Saturdays from May 30 through Aug. 24, transforming the water park into a new nighttime experience through special music, lighting and food.
11. New Cinematic Nighttime Experience Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios – As part of the theme park’s 30th anniversary, Wonderful World of Animation will debut May 1. The show will use state-of-the-art technology to take you on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey.
12. Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort to Open New Tower – This summer, the resort will complete a total reimagining, including the new 15-story Gran Destino tower featuring a rooftop restaurant and 545 new guest rooms. A second new restaurant will be located on an island in the middle of the resort’s 14-acre lake, while all of its existing 1,800-plus rooms have been fully updated with new fixtures and furnishings.
13. NBA Experience Will Be a Slam Dunk at Disney Springs – This brand-new destination will take you through pregame preparations and let you step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight reel-worthy slam dunks. By participating in 13 unique and innovative hands-on activities, you’ll be a star player.
14. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Will Spice Up Fall – The aromas and flavors of global marketplaces will welcome you to the 24th year of this amazing festival.
15. Major Youth Sporting Events Return to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex – The Jr. NBA World Championship will return to the complex, showcasing and in December, the 63rd Pop Warner Super Bowl will bring hundreds of young football players to Walt Disney World to compete in national championship games.
16. Explore Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Live your own Star Wars adventure when this deeply immersive land opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this fall (and this summer at Disneyland Park in California). You’ll explore Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu, where you’ll find all manner of new sights, sounds, smells, tastes, characters and creatures from a galaxy far, far away. The land will also feature two thrilling new attractions: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
17. Take a Ride on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Opening later this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this will be the first ride-through attraction themed to Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
18. Glide Through the Air in the Disney Skyliner – Disney Skyliner will offer amazing views later this year as guests float in gondolas to either Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios on roundtrips from Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the new Disney’s Riviera Resort.
19. Disney’s Riviera Resort Will Be 15th Disney Vacation Club Resort – Scheduled to open by the end of this year, Disney’s Riviera Resort will reflect an elegant early 20th-century design, inspired by Walt Disney’s travels to the Mediterranean. The deluxe DVC resort is slated to offer approximately 300 family-friendly vacation home units.
What are you looking forward to experiencing at Disney World this year?
News & Media Source: Disney Parks Blog